Experience a fresh new school year with the NLU Student Experience Team.

Jose Reyes, Amanda DaSilva, Danielle Laban and Jose Marroquin

I recently went to Target, seeking a pool toy for my daughter. A simple “splasher ball” was my quest. Little did I know, Target had decided that it’s no longer summer, but “back to school” season. Even as an adult, I still get excited about the energy and planning that goes into preparing for a new school year. Much like the first of the year, and our tradition to set New Year’s resolutions and start fresh, I feel that a new school year opens the door for a new and exciting year of learning. Now, when I walked up to the school supplies where the summer seasonal items were just one week prior, I had a moment of panic. Summer is just slipping away, and my panic quickly turned to excitement. Here’s why. I have some exciting things planned for National Louis this year.

NLU has made some drastic changes in the Office of Student Experience. This year, we are making strategic efforts to provide you with more programming at all of our campuses, streamlining the comments and feedback process, renovating our website, and ultimately provide an involvement opportunity for all our students that layers on top of your high-quality academic experience. Meet my new team; (from left to right in the picture) Jose Reyes, Lead, Response Center, Amanda DaSilva, Associate Director of Student Development; Danielle Laban, Director of Student Experience; and Jose Marroquin, Associate Director of Student Engagement. Through this exceptional team, here’s what you can expect this Fall:

Text Alerts
Zumba in Chicago
Increased Mental Health Support
National Society of Leadership and Success
Volunteer Fair
Focus on Wellness

Our office is also leading the charge to provide exceptional customer service to our students. We are training and implementing new Service Standards across the University.

While I am sad to see Summer going so quickly, pleased with my clearance bargain on that toy I was searching for, I am very much looking forward to a great year with my students and my new team. I’m extremely confident you’re going to like the new Student Experience at NLU. So, as Fall quickly approaches, I challenge you to keep your chin up and join us in what is going to be an exceptional year. NLU is happy you’re with us, now, come BE with us.

Danielle Laban

About Danielle Laban

Danielle is the Director of Student Experience at National Louis. She's an experienced student affairs professional who is focused on student success. Danielle earned her Bachelor of Arts at the University of Northern Colorado and her Master of Arts at Roosevelt University.