Student Honor Society Grows, Thrives–Apply Before Deadline

NSLS logo 2.jpg

By Amanda DaSilva

Last fall, NLU launched its inaugural chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success and has attracted nearly 550 undergraduate and graduate student members to date. This January, the Society invites its next round of eligible students to attend leadership workshops, network with fellow members and enjoy benefits that include success coaching and exclusive access to job banks, recommendation letters and scholarship funds. Invitees were again selected using GPA and credit hours criteria, and students who decide to join earn lifetime membership in the Society through the following induction events at the Chicago, Wheeling or Lisle campuses:

1. At Orientation, students learn the foundations and mission of the Society they are now an important part of;
  2. At Leadership Training Day, members explore their communication styles and interactively show each other how individual strengths can benefit a team;
  3. At three unique Speaker Broadcasts, students hear firsthand insights from thought leaders, celebrities and innovators from around the world; and,
  4. At three Success Networking Team meetings, members work in small groups to provide and receive feedback on individual goals, achieving consistent motivation and progress.

The following excerpts from member submissions during the Society’s 2014 event series revealed that many students gained valuable connections and further developed their desire and capacity to lead:

“The Society speakers and SNT meetings have been very beneficial for me as I feel very encouraged to move forward in meeting my goals. I received positive tips from the Society speakers that I’d like to put into action, and I am enjoying networking through the SNT meetings. This has all been a great support system for me.”  –Society student member

“They have become like my cheerleaders. I have accomplished what I have because there is an expectation by the team that I work toward achieving my goals. Their words of encouragement mean more than they know.”  –Society student member

Students invited to join should direct all questions to nsls@nl.edu. The deadline for registration is Wednesday, January 7, 2015.