National Louis University President Nivine Megahed Ph.D., participated in a high-level talk Jan. 15 in Washington, D.C. with presidents of five leading universities from around the nation.
Though diverse, the universities have one thing in common. Each of their presidents is leading the school through a period of change, whether that be a rebalancing of academic offerings, a repositioning in the marketing place or a successful turnaround.
The other participants included:
- Ricardo Azziz, Past President | Georgia Regents University (Augusta, GA)
- Pam Eibeck, President | University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA)
- Dennis Holtschneider, President | DePaul University (Chicago, IL)
- Robert Johnson, President | Becker College (Worcester, MA)
- Stephen Trachtenberg, President Emeritus | George Washington University (Washington, D.C.)
The meeting was called together by Amit Mrig of Academic Impressions, a higher education consultant, and Patrick Sanaghan of the Sanaghan Group, a leadership development consultant. They addressed questions such as managing people, politics, and the process throughout a period of change, as well as building partnerships, overcoming resistance, partnering with faculty and navigating the complexity of change.