Two Students Receive Awards from Honor Society The National Society for Leadership and Success provided scholarships to Lankah, Long

The National Society for Leadership and Success, a student honor society, honored two of its members in the NLU community with scholarship awards.

Samuel_Lankah

Samuel Lankah received a National Society for Leadership and Success scholarship.

Samuel Lankah received the Emerging Leaders Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. He will be earning his Master’s in Healthcare Administration degree next month.

“I’m so honored to have received this award; and it’s definitely a testament to the overwhelming support from my family, friends, and professors here at NLU,” he said.

Lankah works as a complex medical case manager at Bethany Christian Services in Grand Rapids, Michigan. His new master’s degree will expand his career options.

“I find myself more and more interested in either hospital human resources or compliance; so I hope to explore positions in these areas,” he said.

Lynn LongLynn Long received the Student Leadership Program Grant from the Society, also in the amount of $1,000. She will earn her Master’s of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction next month, and plans to go on to earn her doctorate at NLU.

Long, whose Native American heritage is from the Ojibway tribe, is an enrolled member of the Lac du Flambeau Indian reservation in Wisconsin. She hopes to someday work with tribal schools and Native American youth.

“My professors at NLU were supportive,” she said. “I can’t say enough about how they encouraged me and inspired me.”

NLU founded a chapter of the National Society for Leadership and Success in Fall 2014. It is the largest college honor society in the U.S., with chapters at more than 400 colleges and universities. The NLU chapter has more than 800 members.