In October, LinkedIn, the popular career-oriented social media site, launched its University Rankings and University Finder for people seeking a college whose graduates get jobs in their chosen fields.
This is a rubber-meets-the-road test unlike any other rankings system, and National Louis University performed extremely well. To gauge the results, LinkedIn taps into its own database of 300 million members and identifies the universities they attended and the desirable employers they work for. It then determines which universities produce the highest number of alumni who work for desirable employers in the fields in which they pursued their degrees.
- NLU ranked Number 1 in the greater Chicago area in three fields: Elementary Education, Curriculum and Instruction and Reading.
- It ranked Number 2 in the greater Chicago area in both Secondary Education and Community Psychology.
- It ranked Number 3 in the greater Chicago area in three categories: Educational Administration and Supervision, Educational Leadership and Administration and School Psychology.
- It ranked Number 4 in the greater Chicago area for Reading Teacher Education.
- It ranked Number 13 in the greater Chicago area for Health Services Administration.
In LinkedIn’s national rankings of universities, NLU made an even more impressive showing. Competing against the nearly 5,000 universities in the nation, :
- NLU ranked Number 5 in Curriculum and Instruction
- Number 12 in two categories, Elementary Education and Reading Teacher Education
- Number 14 in Reading
- Number 15 in Educational Administration and Supervision
- Number 18 in Educational Leadership
- Number 19 in Secondary Education
- Number 27 in Early Childhood Education
- Number 28 in Special Education
Results were current as of Jan. 23, 2015. To see the University Finder for yourself, sign in to LInkedIn and click here.