With the fall term off to a great start, an excellent way for students to develop themselves as well as contribute to the development of our University learning community is through Inclusive U! Inclusive U is a program designed to engage students, staff, and faculty in unique professional development opportunities geared towards improving skills and knowledge around inclusivity and positive civic engagement.
Inclusive U will provide three training workshops that will engage participants in awareness and inclusive support techniques that compliment your resume, while also having fun.
- Increased awareness of helping behaviors and motivation
- Understand of how biases shape our views of the people around us and using this knowledge to create better environments
- Ensure the safety and well-being of self and others
- Develop skills and confidence when responding to problems and concerns
QPR Suicide Prevention
- Ability to recognize the warning signs of suicide
- Know how to offer hope
- Know how to get help and save a life
- Familiarity with and understanding of LGBT terminology
- Knowledge to create a “safe space” for LGBT community members
- Education to become an Ally and advocate for LGBT community
Why Inclusive U? Participation in these events will allow you the opportunity to attend a bonus training geared towards teaching you how to sell the skills you gained on your resume and in an interview! Students who attend all three of the trainings over the course of the year:
- Will be honored at our annual student awards ceremony
- Will be provided graduation cords to wear during commencement ceremonies identifying them as members of Inclusive U
- Will receive a certificate recognizing their participation and completion of Inclusive U
- Will be able to request a letter of recommendation highlighting the skills they learned while participating in Inclusive U
To find out more information, or to get involved, contact Dan Amato at email@example.com
Visit nl.edu/inclusiveu for event dates, locations, and to RSVP!