For college undergraduates, summer means sun, fun and a great chance to learn and get experience worth putting on your resume. National Louis University students are diving into summer work and internship opportunities, and we hope they’re also getting a chance to do some diving at their local pools to relax when they’re not at work.
Here’s a sampling of some worthwhile experiences undergrads are pursuing this summer.
- Sierra Walker, Business Administration major, senior – Interning with Chicago Sky (women’s basketball team); also taking a summer course at NLU.
- Julio Reyes, Business Administration major, senior – Interning at Princeton Group Sports Marketing; also taking a summer course at NLU.
- Arlene Rodriguez, Criminal Justice major, senior – Interning at a suburban law firm.
- Alicia Cunningham, Human Services / Psych major– Works full-time at Wrigley Field for Cubs games and other summer events.
- Tamarah Drake, Special Education major – Babysitting and taking care of her brother, who is living with autism; also taking a summer course at NLU.
- Anna Vargas, Criminal Justice major – Interning with Gear Up and nannying.
- Jaquez Day-Parker, Criminal Justice major – interning with the Chicago Police Department as a police cadet.
- Bianca Obregon, Human Services major – interning with Chicago Sky (women’s basketball team)
- Rocio Hernandez, Early Childhood Practice major – working full time at Kids and Company child care center
- Jairo Melendez, Business Administration major, senior – student ambassador and intern to Nivine Megahed, Ph.D., president of NLU.
- Katherine Samayoa, Elementary Education major, junior – interning with a non-profit organization (Alliance for Immigrant Neighbors) that provides affordable immigrant legal services to the Northwest community.
- Marilyn Gutierrez, Elementary Education major, sophomore – president of the Educators Rising club, organizing social events to keep incoming students engaged over the summer.
- Larry Brown, Special Education major, sophomore – coaches a basketball team for students with developmental disabilities.
- Ashley Osslund, Human Services/Psychology major, sophomore –recently got promoted as training coordinator and service manager at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- Lesly Marin, Criminal Justice major, sophomore – interning at Arden Shore child and family service.
- Yesenia Cuevas – working in NLU’s Advising department.
- Daniel Methene – selected as an ANY fellow and is starting his training this summer.
- Kevin Rivera – recently promoted to concierge at the hotel where he works.