More than 1,000 teachers, reading specialists and others will be attending National Louis University’s annual Illinois Comprehensive Literacy and Reading Recovery Conference, to be held Jan. 23-25 this year.
Reading Recovery is an evidence-based professional development model designed to ensure that the children who struggle the most with early literacy learning gain the skills they need.
The conference is designed to provide professional development and networking opportunities for K-8 classroom teachers, intervention (Reading Recovery, Special Education, ESL) teachers, instructional coaches, program specialists and administrators.
Registration has closed, but attendees will have opportunities to learn more about:
- How children begin learning to read and write
- Highly effective intervention instruction
- Reading Recovery, Literacy Lessons, EL instruction
- The latest instructional publications and materials
- Peter DeWitt, Ed.D., a former K-5 teacher and principal and the author of several books including “Collaborative Leadership: 6 Influences That Matter Most” and “School Climate: Leading With Collective Teacher Efficacy.”
- Jan Richardson, Ph.D., a leading expert in guided reading, a former K-12 teacher, reading specialist, Reading Recovery teacher leader, and staff developer. Dr. Richardson is the best-selling author of the Next Step collection.
- Jennifer Serravallo, a literacy consultant, speaker, and the author of several popular titles including the NY Times Bestselling “The Reading Strategies Book” and “The Writing Strategies Book,” and her latest book, “Understanding Texts & Readers.” She was a Senior Staff Developer at the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project and taught in Title I schools in NYC.
For more information visit NLU’s Reading Recovery Center website page
Learn more about the conference here